On this remotely-guided virtual tour of the National Mall in Washington, D.C., you’ll explore iconic sites and hear stories of key figures, institutions and moments in history that demonstrate America’s commitment to peace. Then, you’ll discover how to bring this tour and the peace stories it uncovers to your students through free resources!
Grades: 6 - 12
- For more on the U.S. Institute of Peace, visit www.usip.org
- For more on Public Education at USIP, including our resources for K-12 schools, visit www.usip.org/public-education
- For a list of USIP’s virtual resources for schools and teachers, visit https://www.usip.org/sites/default/files/2020-04/virtual_resources_for_teachers_and_schools.pdf
- For ideas on how teachers can integrate USIP’s resources on international conflict management and peacebuilding into their classrooms, visit https://www.usip.org/sites/default/files/Teach%20Like%20a%20USIP%20Peace%20Teacher_0.pdf
- For more information on the Peace Trail on the National Mall, visit https://www.usip.org/peace-trail-national-mall